|Page (1) of 1 - 02/22/12||email article||print page|
Philadelphia Chamber Music Society: Master Classes For Talented Students(February 22, 2012)
Philadelphia, PA (PRWEB) February 22, 2012
The Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) is pleased to announce Philadelphias most promising musical students will have an opportunity to learn from some of the worlds greatest professional musicians during master classes. Working one-on-one, students will gain new perspectives and a deeper understanding of important chamber music. The classes are generously funded by the Lois and Julian Brodsky Education Program Reserve Fund in partnership with the Curtis Institute and Temple University.
Leading musicians involved in the Philadelphia chamber music Master Classes include:
- Robert Levin: Known for his performances and compositions, Robert Levin has dedicated his life to musical studies and currently holds the chair of Dwight P. Robinson, Jr. Professor of the Humanities at Harvard University. This master class will be held Saturday, February 11 at 11:30 am in Rock Hall at Temple University.
- Miami Quartet: The Miami Quartet is one of the most prominent string quartets in America and the Quartet in Residence at Kent State University in Ohio. This master class will be held Saturday, February 11 at 4 pm in Room 222 at Temple University Center City.
- Eric Owens: American bass-baritone Eric Owens has carved a unique place in contemporary opera as an esteemed interpreter of classic works and champion of new music. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees of The National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts and Astral Artistic Services. This master class will be held Wednesday, February 29 at 1 pm in Field Hall at the Curtis Institute.
- Johannes Quartet: The quartet includes Peter Stumpf, principal cello of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Choong-Jin (C.J.) Chang, principal viola of the Philadelphia Orchestra, Soovin Kim, the first American to win the Paganini Violin Competition in 24 years, and Jessica Lee, a Concert Artist Guild International Competition Winner. This master class will be held on Saturday, March 3 at 4 pm in Room 222 at Temple University Center City.
- Artemis Quartet: The Berlin-based Artemis Quartet was founded at the Lübeck Musikhochschule in 1989. In addition to touring, members hold a joint professorship in chamber music at Berlins Universität der Künste. This master class will be held Tuesday, May 1 at 10 am in Field Hall at the Curtis Institute.
PCMS is proud to support the next generation of chamber musicians.
The Philadelphia Chamber Music Society (PCMS) aims to serve and enrich audiences with a compelling variety of chamber music and recital programs performed by exceptional international and Philadelphia-based artists. PCMS also promotes new music and music education, collaborating with regional cultural and educational institutions. Visit http://www.pcmsconcerts.org
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/2/prweb9214591.htm.
Related Keywords:music industry, music theatre, plastic art, rock and roll music, popular music, jazz music, folk music, country music, classical music, music, entertainment award, entertainment (general), arts (general), arts, culture and entertainment, lifestyle and leisure, lifestyle (house and home), restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, trade policy, trade balance, education, adult education, further education, religious education