|Page (1) of 1 - 02/08/12||email article||print page|
Funambol Introduces First Personal Cloud Mobile Timeline AppProvides Easy Access to Cloud-Based Digital Content on Smartphones, Tablets and Computers, While Enabling Mobile Providers to Deliver Their Own Branded iCloud-Like Service for More Devices (February 08, 2012)
FOSTER CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/12 -- Funambol, the leading provider of white-label personal cloud solutions for mobile phones and devices, today announced a major upgrade of its personal cloud solution with a new visual mobile timeline app. Funambol OneMediaHub lets users wirelessly secure digital photos, videos, files, contacts and calendars on mobile phones, tablets and computers in the cloud, sync them across devices and share them with other people and systems. It also enables mobile providers such as operators, device manufacturers and Internet portals to rapidly deliver a branded iCloud-like service for more devices. Funambol is upgrading its end user personal cloud service, previously called myFUNAMBOL, to the new OneMediaHub solution in March.
"Digital content needs to be increasingly synced across diverse mobile devices and computers -- wirelessly, securely and easily," said J. Gerry Purdy, Ph.D., principal analyst with MobileTrax. "OneMediaHub enables mobile providers to deliver a valuable new service to attract and retain users under their own brand."
First Personal Cloud Mobile Timeline App
OneMediaHub provides a window into personal cloud digital content on mobile devices and computers. Its mobile app organizes cloud-based pictures, videos and files chronologically for easy browsing and access. A demo is available on Funambol's website at http://www.funambol.com.
The app provides advanced mobile sync and usability features to 'just work' the way users expect e.g.:
- Touchscreen user interface for Android smartphone and tablet devices; support for iOS and other devices coming soon
- Home page with thumbnails of pictures, videos and files stored in the cloud, without downloading
- Horizontal scrolling of thumbnails for pictures, videos and files
- Separate views for pictures, videos and files in a timeline for easy navigation and browsing
- Video playback and file viewing using native or third party device players/viewers
- Automatic or manual upload of new pictures, videos, and files from device to the cloud; selective upload of prior pictures & videos from device to cloud (e.g. pictures not from the camera)
- Automatic download of metadata and thumbnails for new pictures, videos, and files in the cloud; selective download of original (full-size) pictures, videos, and files from cloud to device
- Integration with native gallery on devices for pictures and videos, and MediaHub-files folder for files
- Selective deletes of cloud pictures, videos or files from mobile devices, without download
- Sharing of cloud content via email or social sites e.g. Facebook, YouTube, twitter, without download
- Bandwidth saver to limit transfer of large pictures, videos or files over Wi-Fi only
- Address book and calendar sync across devices and computers
- Settings to control which items (e.g. pictures, contacts) to sync and whether to refresh automatically
"OneMediaHub enables users to take charge of their digital life and mobile providers to offer a branded personal cloud to reduce churn, acquire new users and increase revenue," said Amit Chawla, Funambol CEO. "The timeline app makes it easy to access and manage digital photos, videos and files across mobile devices and computers."
Improved Cloud Server, Portal and Windows Desktop Sync App
The new version also includes numerous enhancements to the OneMediaHub server, AJAX web portal and Windows desktop sync app. These include a new portal user interface that highlights rich media, Windows desktop "instant push" and many server improvements. More information is available at http://www.funambol.com/documents/v11.pdf.
Pricing and Availability
OneMediaHub is now available to mobile providers for both on-premise and SaaS deployment. Pricing depends on deployment model; contact Funambol at http://funambol.com/contact/contactsales.php for details. Users can access the mobile timeline app on the OneMediaHub personal cloud in March.
Funambol is the leading provider of white-label personal cloud solutions for diverse mobile phones and devices. The commercial version of Funambol has been deployed by top mobile operators, device makers, internet companies, service providers and ISVs. More info is at http://www.funambol.com.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1879643
Vantage Communications for Funambol
+ 1 845-536-1416
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Funambol, Internet, Communications, WiFi, Web, Smart Phone, EMail, Social Media, Computer Technology, Internet, Business Issues, Mobile Devices, Smartphone, Computers/Peripherals, Internet/Web, Input/Output, WiFi/Wireless, iOS, Internet, Web, Email, Phone OS, email, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Internet, Email, Other,