|Page (1) of 1 - 02/24/12||email article||print page|
Cisco and Rogers Reinvent the Cable TV Experience With Cisco VideoscapeLeading Canadian Cable TV Provider Selects Cisco for Path to Video Innovation (February 24, 2012)
TORONTO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/24/12 -- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today announced that Rogers Communications, one of Canada's leading cable television providers, has selected the Cisco Videoscape TV architecture to evolve its current TV platform with Web Services-based technologies to deliver new and improved television viewing experiences to complement the Rogers NextBox 2.0 Interactive Program Guide and Whole Home PVR.
- The Rogers NextBox 2.0, which includes a newly designed "Interactive Program Guide," is powered by Cisco Videoscape Voyager Vantage and the Cisco Explorer 8642 HD-DVR and 4642 HD set-top boxes. It marks the first time a cable service provider in North America has combined a complete Web Services technology with traditional cable video distribution.
- Cisco Videoscape Voyager Vantage is a foundational element of Cisco's Videoscape vision, providing a pragmatic migration path to IP for service providers. Videoscape is a comprehensive TV service delivery platform for service providers that combines the network, cloud and client devices to deliver new, high-quality video experiences over multiple IP-enabled platforms.
- The browser-based platform of the Cisco Videoscape Voyager Vantage uses World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards to enable a high degree of service provider customization and service differentiation with application development velocity.
- Cisco Videoscape Voyager Vantage also gives service providers the opportunity to :
- provide consumers with a flexible, customizable electronic program guide (EPG/IPG) while maintaining the branded service-provider experience across multiple access technologies
- deliver service more quickly and reduce time to market for new services by taking advantage of widely available Web development technologies
- deliver additional third-party widgets and applications.
- David Purdy, vice president, Video Products, Rogers Communications Inc.
"Our relationship with Cisco has allowed us to bring customers next-generation TV technology, including whole home PVR and a richer interactive guide, on a proven infrastructure with NextBox 2.0. This home entertainment solution gives our customers complete control over where, when and how they view their favourite shows and live programming."
- Mark Kummer, vice president, Service Provider, Cisco Canada
"Rogers is demonstrating how forward-thinking service providers can evolve their cable TV offerings to Cisco Videoscape and offer customers an immersive IP-based video entertainment experience. Having worked with Rogers on the largest Switched Digital Video implementation in North America, we are excited to further the relationship and continue to help advance the Rogers video experience with new Web and IP technologies."
Cisco, Rogers, IP video, network, online video, streaming video, video, Videoscape, Videoscape Voyager Vantage, David Purdy, video innovation
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Cisco, Rogers, IP video, network, online video, streaming video, video, Videoscape, , Home,Internet,Networking,Communications,Digital Video,Web,Technology,Applications,Video,Applications,Productivity Applications,Networking,Internet,Business Issues,Other Applications,Internet Server Applications,Broadcast,Streaming,Digital,Programming,Application Customization,Authoring/Programming,Broadcast Technology,Internet Media,HDTV,USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Television,Internet Technology,Entertainment,Other,